Accounts Payable Clerk
Posted on 08-Jan-2019 by Cementation Canada
Location Nipissing, North Bay
About Cementation Canada:
You feel passionate about what you do. You made the right decision choosing your career path. The question is, are you in the right place? Is your full potential being realized, are you continuing to develop expertise in your chosen field, and does your passion remain strong? At Cementation we respect experience; we get excited about potential.
Cementation is an underground mine contracting and engineering company. We build mines. Structured to deliver design-build solutions for technically challenging projects, our people build world class shaft sinking and mine development projects. Our work requires a team approach where respect is expected and innovation is encouraged as long as safety is not compromised.
Being an employer of choice in the mining industry has always been a mainstay of our mission statement, and Cementation is proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven years. Open the door to new opportunities and grow with us.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations for Cementation.
- Be aware of any health and safety hazards or infractions and report same to Health and Safety Department.
- Processing of vendor invoices; matching purchasing receipts to invoices and entering data within the accounting software (JD Edwards).
- Review information on supplier invoices and follow-up on any discrepancies with the suppliers and/or the Purchasing Department.
- Match cheque runs and electronic fund transfers.
- Maintain filing for paid and unpaid invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Answer vendor enquiries.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure all invoices, purchase orders, etc. are accounted for.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Able to effectively prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Superior keyboarding skills and accuracy with attention to detail.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Able to manage confidential communications and information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Adobe.
- Proficient in JD Edwards or other accounting software in a data entry capacity would be considered an asset.
- Relevant post-secondary diploma and/or degree in a finance field, or related office experience.
- 1 - 3 years accounts payable/accounting experience.
- Experience in mining industry is an asset.