Posted on 11-Sep-2020 by Cassellholme Home for the Aged
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Reporting to the Manager of Activity Services, the primary responsibility of the Activity Assistant position is to assist with coordination, facilitating, and communicating an activation program for all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Activity Assistant will provide assistance to the Activity Coordinator in the following areas:
- Assist in the implementing and operation of activity programs.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics pertaining to activities program.
- Responsible for various assigned duties (daily announcements, bulletin boards, posters, advertising, decorations and others assigned).
- Encourage residents to participate in activities meaningful to them.
- Evaluate program and provide input for planning activities program.
Job Type / Category
- Long-term care facility
- Unionized position - CUPE
- Up to 24 hours per week, varied shifts
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Studying or graduate of post-secondary program in recreation or leisure studies.
- A genuine concern and understanding of issues relating to care of the elderly.
- Person must be outgoing, responsible, able to take direction, possess initiative and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates regular attendance in keeping with standards of Attendance Support Program.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
Cassellholme, a not for profit, charitable organization, operates a 240 bed Long-Term Care facility, a Community Support Services program and a 241 unit seniors’ apartment complex in the district of East Nipissing. Cassellholme is located in the City of North Bay which is situated within 3 ½ hours of both Toronto and Ottawa. Nestled between beautiful Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, the district offers both urban and country living, with multiple recreational opportunities.