Posted on 21-Nov-2018 by Algonquin Nursing Home of Mattawa
Location Nipissing, Mattawa
- To provide for the identified cognitive, physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents of the facility.
- To provide resident-centred activities including documentation in POC and ActivityPro
- To be responsible to Administrator or delegate, RFSM, and Director of Care, for residents' daily care
- Responsible for discussing program plans and new programs with RFSM
Job Type / Category
The position is temporary part-time covering a maternity leave.
Not-for-profit long term care home. This position helps deliver therapeutic recreation programs to our residents. The hours of work vary (days/evenings/weekends).
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must be qualified to provide recreational and social activities as described in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Regulation 79/10 (sections 65 and 67), as well as job descriptions of the ANH policy manual as amended from time to time.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology from community college or university, or other related field.
- Member in good standing with TRO and / APO or have qualifications to become a member.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must read, write and understand English satisfactorily. The ability to speak and understand French is preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work all shifts and every second weekend as required.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must have a genuine interest in the care and services of the residents in this nursing home.
The Algonquin Nursing Home is a 73-bed not for profit long term care home, situated in Mattawa, Ontario. The Home is currently undergoing redevelopment with the construction of a new facility.