Posted on 31-Aug-2020 by Nipissing Mental Health Housing & Support Services
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Competition Number 2020-34
Position: Addiction Worker
Status: Permanent Part-Time
Program: Addiction Services
Site: The Recovery Home
Reporting to the Manager of Addiction Services the Addictions Worker will provide hands on assistance to clients and the Residential Addiction Program. Addictions Workers are responsible for providing care focusing on the client’s activities of daily living and to assist clients with increased coping skills and strategies for positive lifestyle changes.
Experience, Education and training:
· Degree or diploma with specialization in Addictions and Mental Health and/or Two or more years of experience working with individuals living with complex needs including mental health and addictions, healthcare needs providing assessments and rehabilitation services
· Experience working in a community setting and strong knowledge of community resources, client assessments, goal planning, life skills development and support
· A negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
· A valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurance.
· Daily access to a reliable vehicle.
· Current CPR certificate- level A or willingness to obtain
· Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training or willingness to obtain
· Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System certification or willingness to obtain
· Basic working knowledge of computer software.
· Ability to work cooperatively and independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
· Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours.
· Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality as per PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act)
· Understands satisfactory standards of nutrition and hygiene
· Ability to advocate for residents
· Assisting residents with medication needs
· Knowledge/experience using the principles and practices of psychosocial rehabilitation
· Commitment to continuous learning.
· Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance.
· Demonstrated commitment to client and family-centered care.
· Willing to work flexible hours; days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for the position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in their resume.
Shift: Days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
French Language Services: Bilingualism is an asset. If no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates will be considered.