Area Manager - Shipping
Posted on 05-Apr-2021 by Canpar Express Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
We are looking for an Area Manager, Northern Ontario to join our world class team at Canpar!
The Area Manager, Northern Ontario will report into the Regional Director of Operations. The role will
be based out of North Bay, Sudbury, or Bracebridge and will oversee 5 branches (Bracebridge, North Bay, Timmins, Sudbury, Sault Saint Marie).
The Area Manager will be responsible for all functions related to Canpar’s branches and will ensure high level of service, cost control and alignment with our strategy. Focus areas include leadership, staffing, operational planning, performance management and reviews, and agent and vendor management.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who will create a metrics driven environment to ensure his/her team succeeds in servicing our customers at the highest standards in a multibranch unionized environment.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
· Oversee courier operations in 5 branches
· Responsible for the budgetary and financial performance of all branches
· Manage a large, diverse group of direct reports
· Build and manage relationship with the Union, customers and other stakeholders
· Oversee a large fleet of company vehicles. Ensure vehicles are maintained and used efficiently.
· Make safety the number one priority
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the transportation industry, ideally courier/final mile.
· University degree in business and/or operations
· Management experience in a unionized environment
· Strong negotiation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proven Leadership qualities
· A proven track record with quantifiable success
· Demonstrated general accounting, finance & administration experience
· Strong communication skills - written & verbal
Some benefits of for working with Loomis:
· Health Care Benefits
· Pension Plan
· Stimulating and challenging environment
· Participation in our performance based Short Term Incentive Program
· Career growth opportunities within the company
· A progressive and inclusive work environment
About Canpar Express Inc.
Canpar Express Inc. is Canada’s leading parcel delivery specialist with over 60 terminals located coast-to-coast, providing essential day-to-day shipping services. Canpar is an equal opportunity employer and believes we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff that represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
How to Apply
Candidates that have the combination of skills and abilities outlined above are invited to submit their resumes.
We appreciate your interest however only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. No telephone calls please.