Posted on 15-Jul-2020 by ParaMed Home Health Care
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Coordination Supervisor, the Assignment Coordinator will act as the primary point of contact for clients and field staff, offering superior customer service skills as they match clients in need of care to appropriate field staff. Utilizing a computerized scheduling system, they will assign staff based on specific requirements derived from both private and/or government referrals.
- Completion of post-secondary education is required. Completion of Medical Office Administration course or medical terminology training will be an asset
- Two years’ administrative or office experience is required
- Advanced software skills are required, software scheduling experience is also an asset
- Superior Customer service skills are necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate both through oral and written mediums
- Demonstrate compassion, tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and their families
- Receive and enter into the computer system new referrals from private or government sources
- Determine if referrals can be accepted based on available staffing resources and input from Supervisors
- Take great care to assign appropriate staff to clients needing care based on a variety of factors including times suggested by clients, staff availability and relevant skill sets while giving consideration to geographic proximity of clients’ residence
- Build a care schedule that supports continuity of care
- Enter and update employee and client data within computerized system
- Respond professionally and courteously to calls and electronic communication from funders, staff, clients and families
- Document and appropriately report and escalate complaints and incidents related to staff and clients
- Adhere to the ParaMed policies in all interactions with clients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- other duties as assigned
The Assignment Coordinator will exercise skills in Customer Service, Time Management and Organizational skills while constantly striving to satisfy referral acceptance requirements.