Assistant Educator - ECE
Posted on 30-Mar-2021 by YMCA of Northeastern Ontario
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Assistant Educator (Part-time)
North Bay, ON, Canada Req #133
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit our website.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professional working experience with children and youth (minimum of 6 months)
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure safe, secure, organized and clean environments and play spaces
- Prepare weekly programming plans that promote early learning
- Ensure all programming meets the YMCA’s National Curriculum needs
- Observe, assess and record the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the children through written documentation, and open communication with families and approved community partners
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with all families and community partners
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.