Assistant Manager - Food Service
Posted on 16-Jul-2020 by Burger King
Location Nipissing, North Bay
GREAT FOOD COMES FIRST
BURGER KING® is one of the largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, our commitment to premium ingredients, signature recipes, and family-friendly dining experiences is what has defined our brand for more than 50 successful years.
Want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment? Come join our team at Burger King! We are looking for eager, energetic team members who want to grow with us as part of our Management Team!
The Assistant Manager (AM) supports the Restaurant General Manager in ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction through managing the daily operations of a single restaurant. The AM helps manage financial controls, operations, people development, guest service and compliance across shifts for desired restaurant outcomes (i.e. increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The AM has full accountability for restaurant operations in the absence of the Restaurant General Manager. An AM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position operates under the direct management of the Restaurant General Manager and helps lead the restaurant team. This position interacts with restaurant team members, the Restaurant General Manager, outside vendors, members of the field operations team and guests.
- Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products for prompt delivery within established speed of service guidelines;
- Motivates and directs team members and Shift Coordinators to exceed guest expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings;
- Supervises and trains team members and Shift Coordinators on team stations, Burger King Canada products, processes and policies;
- Follows cash control/security procedures and helps to implement marketing plans, maintain inventory, manage labour and apply financial reports across shifts to enhance restaurant results;
- As part of the restaurant management team, recruits, hires, trains and works to retain effective team talent by making decisions or recommendations on hiring and advancement;
- Makes decisions or recommendations on the discipline and terminations of team members;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training.
Applicants must have the following:
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to smile
- Desire to be part of a high-performing team!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS *
- High School Diploma or GED required, some college preferred;
- Minimum 1 year of restaurant experience required, previous management experience preferred
- Demonstrates leadership skills;
- Strong customer service/hospitality skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Demonstrates formal understanding of the quick service industry and the core customer;
- Recognizes and solves routine problems;
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic tasks, practices and procedures within own area;