Assistant Manager / Supervisor - Food Services
Posted on 26-Nov-2018 by Montana's BBQ & Bar
Location Nipissing, North Bay
At Nanda Holdings Inc. our vision is to be the leader of the restaurant industry by being the best restaurant company in Canada by delivering the Perfect Guest Experience while strengthening our leadership within each of our restaurants, by providing them with the tools and training to obtain sustainable guest and financial growth. As a Manager of Guest Experience at our restaurant (single channel or multi-channel) you will be responsible for driving Guests to the restaurants, leveraging our scale and ensuring guests return. With your strong restaurant experience, solid leadership, and proven team building skills you will also be responsible for hiring, leading and train our focused and engaged Associates while delivering on our promise of the Perfect Guest experience followed by a strong food safety culture. As a strong leader you must also demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to People Development and continuous improvement. You will deliver superior business ready execution every day (management log book, HACCP, and pre-shifts for all channels). You will be responsible to ensure that the restaurant runs smooth and consistently each and every day.
Deliver a Perfect Guest Experience While Maintaining Excellent Food Quality In A Food Safe Environment
- Assist the GM with action plans that improve all KPI’s regarding Guest satisfaction, product quality and food safety
- Help identify root causes of gaps in production schedules, food safety, cleanliness and assist in the development of corrective and proactive action plans where appropriate
- Where appropriate follow-up and successfully resolve all Guest complaints and ensure root cause is identified and corrected.
- Coach Associates to ensure consistent delivery on our promise to create connections with Guests by creating good quality food presented at its best
- Communicate with teammates on a regular basis to gain insights on how to make things better within our four walls
- Daily completion of managers log book and HACCP ensure the business is ready for the revenue period
- Coach associates on safe food handling practices
People Development – Associate Engagement
- Train and develop Associates by ensuring regular one-on-one meetings with the team providing coaching and performance improvement measures.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process to hire great hourly Associates
- Assist in the development of a culture of recognition and rewards focused on the achievement of KPI’s and Perfect Guest Experience results.
- Support the GM in developing tactics that create an engaging environment where all Associates work together as a team, have fun and show genuine appreciation for our Guests and each other.
Financial and Restaurant Profitability
- Improve Profit and Loss performance of the assigned restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis
- Measure and improve on all key performance indicators daily (i.e. guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, food safety, profitability, waste, production schedule, recipes done to standard etc)
- Ensure the restaurant achieves maximum levels of efficiency and profitability by operating within an assigned budget.
- Assist the GM with the analysis of cost variances and cost control solutions (A vs T).
- Review the financial performance of the assigned restaurant during weekly meetings and executive corrective action for specific areas of operational responsibility (ie Kitchen).
- Assist in the execution of operating plans to build business i.e. local restaurant marketing, sales drives etc.
Restaurant Quality / Operational Excellence
- Meet and exceed required food quality and safety standards (i.e. production, receiving, holding, preparing, cooking and serving).
- Establish and maintain adherence to operating practices and procedures including safe food handling, HACCP, inventory counts and required product rotation (FIFO)
- Maintain standards for restaurant opening and closing procedures and the uniform policy.
- Complete and track completion of all activities of the daily task completion checklist
- Conduct weekly maintenance of facilities, equipment, exterior, parking lot and grounds.
- Implement all new menu, lunch/dinner board, and special promotion rollouts as per brand specifications.
- Prepare and maintain weekly associate schedule for designated areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to cash operating and control procedures, prepare daily deposits and conduct daily safe audits in accordance to administration policies and procedures.
Food / Restaurant Safety
- Comply with provincial legislation regarding employment standards, human rights, Health & Safety, WHMIS
- Assist GM with successful third part audits including Steritech, Provincial legislative compliance (ESA), Pest Control etc.
- Assist in development and follow-up on all Food Safety action plans to ensure future compliance and reduce potential liability.
- Ensure compliance with respect to cash and inventory controls
- Assist GM to complete monthly HACCP calibration
- Supporting the General Manager, manage all ongoing operations of a restaurant while achieving business requirements (including reporting, adherence to local and provincial legislation and regulations, development of reports, measuring and achieving KPIs, etc)
- Ensure Guest Experience is maintained by quickly and effectively resolving Guest complaints before they leave the restaurant
- Ensure all operating procedures, standards and controls are adhered to
- Prior hospitality experience is seen as an asset
- Supervisory and management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with the restaurant team and guests
- Proficiency in business software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Point of Sale Systems and Restaurant Back Office Software
- Effective numeric, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to understand the perfect guest experience and anticipate the needs of the guest prior to receiving requests.
- Passion to grow with success
Overall Working Conditions
- Majority of time will be standing in a restaurant environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associates is regularly required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and talk and hear
- Occasionally lift boxes and other restaurant service equipment
- Occasionally there will be angry Guests to listen and respond to
- Working hours are as needed, according to business needs (weekends included)
- All employee's receive a 20% discount card that is valid at any Cara Brand Restaurants (Valid for 6 months at a time)