Bail Supervisor & In-reach Worker
Posted on 21-Jul-2020 by Elizabeth Fry Society of Northeastern Ontario
Location Nipissing, North Bay
BAIL SUPERVISOR & WOMEN’S INREACH WORKER FULLTIME(30-35 hours/week)
To provide pre-trial verification and supervision services for accused persons in accordance with Ministry Guidelines, Service Agreement and provincial standards. Additionally this position involves monthly visits and program facilitation for women incarcerated at the North Bay Jail.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Education and Knowledge:
· BSW or BA in related field (Law, Psychology, Sociology) and/or ability to register with Ontario Colleges of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
· CPIC Clearance
· CPI Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training
· CPR and First Aid
· Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
· Knowledge of Bail Verification and Supervision Programs in Ontario
· Knowledge of the provincial standards for bail verification and supervision
· Knowledge of all relevant legislation, regulations and court procedures governing bail
· Knowledge of the roles and functions of probation and parole officers, jail, correctional centers, community resources, treatment and detention centers
Experience and Skills:
· Experience working in the field of criminal justice. Direct experience working within the local courts, including bail proceedings, and correctional institutions
· Experience working with various court professionals including court security, duty counsel, defense lawyers, crown attorney, and other court support services
· Community relations, public education and collaborative skills.
·Strong ability to develop and maintain relevant stakeholder relationships
· Sound knowledge of the roles and functions of probation and parole officers, jail, correctional centres, community resources, treatment and detention centres
· Sound knowledge of issues related to persons whom have experienced criminalization, mental health illness, poverty, addictions, homelessness, marginalization, trauma and abuse.
· Excellent interviewing, counselling, case management skills
· Excellent report writing, recording, data collection and statistical management skills
· Superior analytical and decision making skills
· Strong team member with ability to also work independently
· Advanced oral and written communication and Interpersonal skills, English and French. Bilingualism required. If no bilingual candidates meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.