Posted on 05-Sep-2020 by Pilot Diamond Tools
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Setting Room Supervisor
The Diamond Bit Setter will be required to perform an array of duties that require detailed and precise movement with their hands. Attention to detail and focus are key for this position. They must work smart, learn quickly and be able to work with little supervision. The Diamond Bit Setter must be flexible to business needs and changing requirements and possess the ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
· Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
· Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
· Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
· Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
· Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
· Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
· Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
· Set carbide inserts and/or diamonds in the mold as specified
· Blend/weigh matrix and diamonds as needed per mold and press into the mold as needed
· Handle and manipulate very small pieces using specialized tools
· Check that the finished assembly is according to the product specification and work order
· Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
· Keep a clean environment and wear the required PPE as per company policy
· Assure tools are in clean and proper condition for usage
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High school diploma required, College and or University preferred
· Relevant experience an asset
· Experience in a manufacturing plant an asset
· Extended periods of sitting
· Working in a busy manufacturing environment with frequent interruptions
· Occasional overtime
· Exposure to dust, graphite and metal powders