Posted on 09-Jul-2020 by VS Accounting
Location Nipissing, North Bay
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
The role will require bookkeeping both electronically and manually, including but not limited to: entering basic data on spreadsheets, recording source document receipts and invoices, reconciling bank accounts, credit card accounts, accounts receivable and payable. In addition, may also need to produce relevant reports including lists of receivables, payables, balance draft, electronic financial statements, payroll services, WSIB, etc.
Since one of the main services that the company offers is personal and corporate tax services, this individual will also be responsible for preparing personal tax returns during tax season.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Telephone skills
- Listening skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrate professionalism, confidentiality, maturity and good judgment
- Bilingual is an asset
- Assist with bookkeeping for corporations, sole proprietors and partnerships (within office and at client location);
- Provide consultations to clients on-site to assess situations and implement internal bookkeeping and computerized systems;
- Work with IT and act as a liaison with clients to implement computer and bookkeeping systems;
- Maintain files for each client;
- Assist other bookkeepers and accountants when necessary;
- Independent and group research and training to maintain up-to-date requirements for bookkeeping/accounting;
- Assist with year-end preparation;
- Prepare personal tax returns (in office) (T1);
- Attend staff meetings;
- Attend training sessions when required;
- Out of town travel is required at times including: working on-site on client accounts, attending conferences and seminars and facilitating seminars (compensation provided as per policy).
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel with macro and micro formulas in order to create and manage templates;
- Become fully capable of preparation and have a full understanding of filing corporate Year Ends (T2);
- Maintain and update year-end templates and procedures as required;
- Responsible for any other duty and responsibility as assigned by management.
After 20 years in business, VS Group continues to grow. Within our head office in North Bay, we are currently looking to hire an individual with technical skills, experience and interpersonal skills to assist with projects within the company.
To thrive in this role, you'll need to work independently, communicate well and be well organised. We are looking for a motivated individual with a proven track record in office administration, bookkeeping and customer service. You have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
The candidate should have excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills, as you will be dealing directly with clients. In addition, an understanding of business practices will be an asset. Bilingualism is definitely an asset as our clients correspond in both French and English.
You will be a key player within the VS Group team and it is important that we find the right candidate to fill this role. We have a great work environment and a great team and we are looking for someone who is positive, outgoing and a team player, who will complement the atmosphere we have created. VS Group offers a number of benefits to its employees, such as opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, health benefits, flexibility, travel, professional development and opportunity to grow.