Posted on 08-Sep-2020 by First Peoples Wellness Ciricle
Location Nipissing, North Bay
First Peoples Wellness Circle is a not for profit national Indigenous led health organization dedicated to improving the lives of Indigenous people. We are a small organization that values collaboration and teamwork and are seeking an ambitious and skilled bookkeeper to work flexible hours to join our team. The successful applicant will be resourceful, able to multi-task and willing to learn the many facets of our organization.
Who Can Apply:
Applicants with a BA in Accounting is preferred or a related college degree with 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience. Demonstrated knowledge and 1-2 years of experience in using Xero and HubDoc is a definite asset.
The successful candidate will provide:
· Strong computer, organizational and time management skills
· A high level of analytical and problem-solving skills
· Trust, professionalism, and dependability
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with accounting software
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Office and Gmail
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
· Willingness to meet organizational demands and support the team
· Must be bond-able
Responsibilities will include:
· Accounts payable
· Accounts receivable
· Payroll preparation with benefits administration
· Preparation of monthly financial statements
· Bank and credit card reconciliation
· Assist with collection of information for accountant
Job Type: contract, up to 25 hours per month anticipated
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a covering letter, clearly demonstrating how they meet the criteria along with current resume and three (3) work related references to: First Peoples Wellness Circle, 857 Yellek Trail, North Bay, ON P1B 8G5 via email: see application setting for email. Deadline September 25, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
While FPWC appreciates all applications only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. The First Peoples Wellness Circle gives preference to Indigenous Ancestry/First Nation applicants for any employment opportunities as per section 24(1) (a) OHRC.