Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Posted on 04-Jan-2021 by Premier Mining Products
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including documentation, order processing, and other administrative functions. Maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers. Although, the job is an administrative function, some interaction will be required with the production unit, therefore, proper PPE is required. This role will also act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant must possess ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Assist in the daily reconciliation of the bank accounts
- Process receiving for inbound shipments – receiving items on packing slips against open purchase orders and investigation of any discrepancies if necessary
- Assist in entering accounts payable – matching invoices received to packing slips for inbound shipments, ensure that items billed for agree to items received and investigate any pricing discrepancies if necessary
- Assist with issuing payments to vendors – upon approval of payment request to vendors, process payments in the preferred method (ACH, wire payment, cheque) and assemble invoices paid with proof of payment for filing
- Assist with preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Preparation of customer invoices and assist with collection of accounts receivables
- Assist in the compilation of data for various reports
- Process customer orders – determine if pricing indicated by customer agrees to terms outlined, determine if we have product on hand to fill the order, source out materials and order as necessary, collaborate with to production to determine if requested delivery date can be met and communicate with customer to reschedule when necessary
- Process purchase orders – maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels, place orders as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, invoices, presentations, publications, and reports
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence
- Act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public relating to their questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Refer and/or redirect calls, emails, or visitors as required
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of departmental programs such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files
- Photocopy and organize documents for distribution, mailing, binding, and filing
- Prepare agendas for meetings, and transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and executive staff
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive or management signatures for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, and conferences for management team and/or clients/customers
- Accurately and appropriately file correspondence, invoices, and receipts
- Act as first line contact with vendors or clients regarding billing concerns
- Assist with jobsite administration duties, such as timesheet completion, and any daily logs that need to be maintained
- Proficiency in accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage 50, etc.) and ERP/MRP software systems (eg. E2 ShopTech)
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills