Box Preparation Installation Technician
Posted on 09-Jan-2019 by Gincor Werx
Location Nipissing, Mattawa
Gincor Truck & Trailer Werx is an industry leader in high-quality vocational vehicles including dump vehicles, snow plows and other severe service equipment including cranes and pup trailers. Gincor has been ranked as One of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for four consecutive years with PROFIT 500 and has grown to a team of over 500 employees. With 14 locations coast-to-coast, following four decades of success in Central Canada, we offer incredible opportunities for professional advancement and growth.
Job Function Overview:
Assemble and fabricate various assemblies, dump bodies and trailers using a variety of metals. The fabrication process shall be consistent with industry standards
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use various welding and cutting equipment including mig, plasma and oxy/acetylene torch
- The ability to weld steel dump bodies
- Weld components using welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Use portable hand tools consistent with industry standards
- Fabricate components and assemblies to specification as per drawings
- Ensure fit, finish and function to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Perform inspection of your own work
- Operate forklifts as required
- Operate overhead and jib cranes up to 5 tons
- Work effectively and efficiently to complete your work within the job standard
- Keep work place organized
- Perform other duties, as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience with the use of powered hand tools. (Preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the fitting/welder discipline. (Preferred)
- Experience in using electrical power tools or manual tools (drills, squares, measuring tape etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Yes (after successfully completing a 90 day probationary period)
Hours of work: 7:00am to 5:00pm with potential for overtime
Equipment required: Steel toed boots with metatarsal guard
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you are looking for a rewarding, challenging and fun career, are results driven, motivated and anxious to become part of a dynamic team then GINCOR Werx is looking for you!
GINCOR Werx offers a challenging, innovative, fast-moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace. Please contact HR should you require special accommodation with the application or interviewing process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. GINCOR Werx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.