Business Development Manager
Posted on 07-Jan-2021 by Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Location Nipissing, North Bay
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and hotels.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skill sets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
Newly renovated in 2019/20 the Holiday Inn Express North Bay continues to be a market leader. 116 guestrooms including 29 suites; 2 small meeting rooms, indoor pool and fitness centre, this hotel has everything to address all guests needs.
If you are looking for a new opportunity – North Bay is a diverse community offering the perfect blend of opportunity and easy living. Located on the shores of Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, major attributes of North Bay include abundant clean water, plenty of greenspace and 4-season outdoor activity with the benefits of full urban services – perfect for families and the outdoor enthusiast!
We are in search of a dynamic, strategic and forward thinking Business Development Manager who would be responsible to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by negotiating Locally Negotiated Rates, Group business, Athletic, SMERF, Government, Union, Tour and Leisure and coordinating the execution of the business with other departments.
The duties and responsibilities for the Business Development Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieve established room night quotas and sales call quotas (including solicitation calls, customer sites, entertaining, and other correspondence)
- Proactively solicits and qualifies existing and new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. This will be done through sales calls, trade shows, promotions, inquiries, telephone contacts and sales trips
- Develop new customer partnerships along with nurturing existing relationships (evening and weekends as required)
- Promptly send proposals, contracts and other sales correspondence
- Accurately confirm all bookings, quotes and negotiate rates while adhering to hotel rate structure, credit policies and general hotel policies and procedures
- Maintain an up -to-date accurate client file, any database and tracking system
- Research markets in order to identify potential sources of business and increase market share
- Responsible to manage consumer online presence/social media marketing/messaging
- Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors and industry trends
- In close contact with the client or group while in house in order to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business
- Involved with guest feedback in order to maintain product need and standard of hotel performance
- Produces and implements quarterly action plan to achieve weekly activities quotas and annual revenue goal.
- Participates in formulation of annual Sales Plan
- Contribute ideas to the Sales action plans based on customer's feedback, knowledge of the marketplace and sales targets
- Ensure excellent lines of communication interdepartmentally
- Attend related tradeshows and conducts sales trips as required to find new business and manage existing partnerships
- Conducts site tours for clients. Entertain clients in-house or in restaurants near client’s offices, and at approved social functions.
- Prepare sales reports and attend regular sales meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- Good understanding of hotel operations and is passionate about the industry.
- Minimum of 2 year of Hotel Sales Manager experience.
- IHG experience an asset
- Hotel operations experience with an understanding on how business is contracted through various sales channels (end user, intermediaries) is an asset.
- Is an aggressive self-starter with strong ability to build rapport with guests and potential clients
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling, relationship building and organizational skills with a High degree of professionalism and dedication
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of various social media channels
- Ability to meet both short-term and long-term business goals
- Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Experience in using sales, catering and PMS systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work flexible hours and meet the demands of the changing environment
- Valid driver’s License is required
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.