Business Operations Analyst
Posted on 23-Jan-2021 by District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Do you aspire to have a fulfilling and challenging career working in the public sector with a locally respected organization? Do you have Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems (MIS), with 3 years of experience in leading projects, teams, initiative in a technically and/or operationally complex organization? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with established analytical, attention to detail, and time management skills? At DNSSAB we are looking for a talented Business Operations Analyst to add to our exceptional Corporate Services team.
This contract position up to 12 months is physically located in North Bay. The Business Operations Analyst will contribute to the DNSSAB’s success by collaboratively creating, transforming, and implementing change to business processes and technology with a focus on efficiency, simplicity, and consistent excellent customer service. The position will work closely with the leadership team of DNSSAB to develop an understanding of the interdependencies of technology and end-to-end process management. This position will assist with re-engineering systems and associated processes, while ensuring the work environment is respectful and staff and management is fully supported in their respective role in order to maintain the highest standards of operational efficiency and excellence of the organization; allowing employees to contribute to the achievement of the organization’s goals, reporting, and process improvements. The DNSSAB offers a competitive salary of $64,449.77 annually, a team oriented work environment, and is committed to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Post-secondary diploma required in Business Administration, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field;
- Three (3) years progressive experience in leading projects, teams and/or initiatives in a technically and/or operationally complex organization;
- Successful leadership in executing continuous improvement LEAN efforts enabling efficiency, quality and tangible financial and customer benefits;
- Hands on experience with Value stream management tools, SIPOCs, developing Project Charters, Kaizen methods, leading huddles, and LEAN analytic tools;
- Demonstrated experience with Change management and Project management practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence motivate and provide direction across all business lines;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent facilitation skills to deliver persuasive messages across all departments;
- Experience with coding languages will be beneficial;
- Tenacity and energy in leading change in the pursuit of quality and business improvement;
- Strong analytical skills and process focus;
- Advanced knowledge and use of Excel, Word, Outlook, and process mapping software;
- Demonstrated regular attendance in keeping with the Board’s Attendance Management Policy;
- LEAN certification is an asset;
- Ability to work with team members to write business cases that support strategic objectives of the corporation;
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and a vehicle available for use on the job.
Criminal Reference Check within three (3) months is a requirement.