Posted on 19-Dec-2018 by North East Local Health Integration Network
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The Care Coordinator completes assessments to determine patient eligibility and coordinates ongoing services with service providers to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Relevant experience working in a health care environment;
- Experience providing care to patients who are palliative and have end-of-life care needs;
- Experience providing care to patients with mental health and/or addictions, preferably for adults or seniors;
- In-depth knowledge of home health care and other community resources in the LHIN;
- Demonstrated case management, assessment, and interviewing skills;
- Problem-solving, good judgement and decision-making skill and ability;
- Proven ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Established ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Proven ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals affiliated with the Home and Community Care portfolio;
- Knowledge of funding agencies available to support patients;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by the College;
- Working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.