Care Coordinator - Nursing
Posted on 20-Nov-2018 by North East Local Health Integration Network
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
The Care Coordinator completes assessments to determine patient eligibility and coordinates ongoing services with service providers to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- In-depth knowledge of home health care and other community resources in the LHIN;
- Demonstrated case management, assessment, and interviewing skills;
- Problem-solving, good judgement and decision-making skill and ability;
- Proven ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Established ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Proven ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals affiliated with the Home and Community Care portfolio;
- Knowledge of funding agencies available to support patients;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.