Case Manager - Transitional Support
Posted on 28-Nov-2018 by District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Employment and Client Outcomes, determines initial and on-going client eligibility according to Ontario Works Act & Regulations; develops, implements and monitors an employment case plan in conjunction with each participant; manages an assigned caseload of Ontario Works recipients.
The Ontario Works Case Manager- Transitional Support will have a caseload based heavily on referrals from Ontario Works Case Managers. The Ontario Works Case Manager- Transitional Support will use their knowledge and expertise in the area of mental health counselling to support clients with barriers related to mental health and/or addiction. This position may also perform crisis counselling duties.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Mental Health and Addictions Diploma;
- Two years previous experience in Ontario Works Income and Employment support or related field; and/or recent and relevant experience in the field of mental health counselling;
- Good working knowledge of the Ontario Works Act & Regulations;
- Experience working with people struggling with mental health and/or addiction related issues;
- Comprehensive knowledge of client-centered mental health and addictions interventions, practice methods and professional skills;
- Knowledge of community resources, treatment centres, social service networks and organizations;
- Sound knowledge of de-escalation techniques and crisis management;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, motivational skills and conflict resolution skills; excellent customer service skills;
- Able to identify when an external referral is required to address the client’s needs
- Proficiency in the use of computers;
- General knowledge of the full range of programs delivered by DNSSAB including: Ontario Works, Child Care and Social Housing;
- Must possess valid Ontario Driver’s License and have a vehicle available for use on the job;
- Respect confidentiality.