Posted on 09-Jul-2020 by Parry Sound Housing Services
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
HOUSING SERVICES requires a: Case Worker
East Parry Sound Location
Full Time Contract - 35 hrs/wk - Ending June 4, 2021
Rate of Pay $24.44/hour, plus 4% vacation pay
Assess the initial needs of clients calling in or visiting the DSSAB office; conduct client interviews, complete applications and continue ongoing case management of Ontario Works participants as per directives and legislation
- Two year College Diploma in a field related to Human Services, or an equivalent combination of
- education, training and program related experience.
- Minimum one-year experience in a social services environment.
- Knowledge of computer managed documentation and related input and output documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to access and refer client inquires appropriately.
- Ability to work independently, co-operatively, and responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the code of ethics of human services, with experience in conducting interviews,
- assisting individuals and families in finding and using community resources.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of solutions to meet the challenges facing individuals
- and families served through the program, including youth, immigrants, refugees, homeless and
- those with mental health issues.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and to carry out instructions accurately.
- Ability to travel throughout district if required.