Chief Nursing Officer
Posted on 31-Aug-2020 by West Nipissing General Hospital
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
The West Nipissing General Hospital (WNGH) is a small rural 99 bed hospital located on the shore of Lake Nipissing, 45 KM west of North Bay and 100 KM east of Sudbury. As a fully accredited hospital, we operate a 24/7 ED, provide both outpatient and inpatient services as well as a 48 bed Interim Long Term Care Unit and a Mental Health & Substance Abuse program.
We are currently seeking a Chief Nursing Officer reporting to the President & CEO, assuming an executive and strategic role in the hospital.
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $96,023.20 – $115,169.60
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all nursing and pharmacy related activities
- Effective leadership in the development and evaluation of short and long-term strategic objectives
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Senior Team on all nursing and pharmacy matters
- Provides strong management and nursing leadership to the organization
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
· Masters of Science in Nursing or Health Care Administration an asset
· Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· 5 years of experience functioning in an Executive position
· 5 years of nursing management experience in the health care sector
· Must be knowledgeable of the complex changing environment in healthcare and have demonstrated clinical and fiscal success in previous positions
· Must be able to work well with the Senior Team, Physicians, Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, patients and families and all personnel
· Ability to maintain strong and healthy relationships within the organization
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Bilingualism (French and English) an asset