Community Consultation Coordinator
Posted on 07-Jul-2020 by Wasauksing First Nation
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
With direction from the Lands Manager, the Community Consultation Coordinator position is a full-time position that will establish a multi-year plan for consultation, including internal processes for decision-making in regards to the approved Internal and External consultation protocols. In addition to developing/revising policies and procedures with respect to consultation for Council approval, the CCC will act as the lead representative for consultation matters on behalf of the First Nation. The CCC must, in every aspect of their position promote Wasauksing First Nation’s vision and values, maintain the level of professionalism expected by Wasauksing First Nation as outlined throughout the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, and uphold the Employee Code of Conduct and Ethics and the ethical values pertaining to the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete required site visits and inspections to monitor compliance of all agreements with Government agencies and Industry stakeholders;
- Work with consultants and specialized professionals to review and/or complete impact studies, impact benefit studies, and ensure environmental protection;
- Work to coordinate information sharing pertaining to natural resources initiatives within Wasauksing-Anishinaabe Territory (as defined within the External Consultation and Accommodation Protocol);
- Attend training, conferences, and workshops pertaining to consultation and accommodation; and (but not limited to)
- Provide input to and help maintain natural resources information systems and promote awareness of traditional resource management and protection.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly and annual program statistics, quarterly activity reports, and an annual report;
- Develop a yearly work plan;
- Comprehensive database of all incoming consultation requests, documentation, and contact information for external Government and Industry agencies;
- Assist the Lands Manager with office support duties related to overall lands operation of Wasauksing First Nation lands; and
- Comply with all Band policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in business or economics, and/or natural resources, sustainable resources, or environmental sciences;
- 2-3 years’ experience in resource management;
- Knowledge of resource management principles and practices;
- Must have organizational, analytical, and administrative skills;
- Must be able to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate progress of projects;
- Strong computer literacy and demonstrated knowledge of various computer software;
- Experience in compiling and writing detailed reports and briefing reports for Council;
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently in a demanding and fast-paced work environment;
- Must have own vehicle and valid Class “G” driver’s license; and
- Must provide current CPIC acceptable to position upon conditional offer.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN - Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 12:00pm
Please forward your cover letter, resume, copies of education credentials, and contact information for three references.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.