Community Inclusion & Support Facilitator
Posted on 15-Jul-2020 by Community Living Parry Sound
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
COMMUNITY INCLUSION & SUPPORT FACILITATORS – PART-TIME
HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
Community Living Parry Sound has worked with people with a developmental disability and their families over 57 years. Our purpose is to support people with disabilities to build better lives in community, and we envision a community where all people have the power and freedom to determine the life they want.
More people than ever before have received individualized funding and we need part-time Community Inclusion & Support Facilitators who are excited about our mission and desire to enhance the lives of people we support both in their homes and in our community.
Successful candidates for these positions will provide support to adults with developmental disabilities in a residential group home setting
- Secondary School diploma
- Diploma or active progress toward the completion of a post-secondary diploma in the human services field
- Minimum of one year experience working with people with developmental disabilities with progressive and related experience
- Able to work effectively within intensive support relationships
- Personal care support experience with adults
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including awake overnight shifts
- Flexibility to meet changing needs of people and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written and oral) skills with a professional and enthusiastic demeanour
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Valid Ontario G drivers licence
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C certification
- Valid Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Access to a reliable vehicle for business use with minimum $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage
Rate of Pay: Start Rate $22.10 per hour as per our collective agreement
Hours of work will include include days, evenings, awake overnights, weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
Upon hire you will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check
If you do not have valid CPR/First Aid Level C certification, you will be required to obtain within three months of hire date
Community Living Parry Sound is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require regarding any materials or processes. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only.