Compensation and Benefits Coordinator
Posted on 26-Mar-2021 by Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services provides a competitive salary and wages and is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services is currently in the designation process to become a fully mandated Child Well-Being Agency to provide Prevention and Protection Services. We serve the Employment Opportunity communities of Wahnapitae, Nipissing, Dokis, Henvey, Magnetawan, Shawanaga, and Wausauksing First Nations.
The Compensation and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the administration of Niijaansinaanik Child and Family Services (NCFS) compensation, centralized group benefit and retirement programs for NCFS employees, ensuring that payroll and benefit processing occurs in an accurate and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for the administration of the health benefit plan for the children in the care of NCFS.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process bi-weekly payroll and update employee timecards as necessary
- Review payroll register for accuracy
- Enters, analyzes, audits and maintains employee information received from the Human Resources department in the payroll system, including new hires, employee exits and changes
- Calculate payment of overtime, wage increases, retroactive salary increases, vacation pay-outs, etc.
Employee Benefit Plan Administration
- Manage the administration of employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement programs.
- Review benefit invoices for accuracy and follow-up with the insurance carrier representative on any discrepancies prior to sending the invoice for authorization and processing.
- Prepare all annual reporting requirements required by pension legislation (i.e. Form 7 – Pension Estimates, Annual Information Return)
- Verify eligibility and participation of employees in all benefit and retirement programs in accordance with NCFS policies and insurance provider/pension plan agreements.
Children in Care Health Insurance Plan Administration
- Manage the administration of the health insurance plan for children in care.
- Reconcile and review monthly invoices for accuracy and follow-up on any discrepancies with the insurance carrier representative prior to sending the invoice for approval and processing.
- Enroll, update and/or terminate based on admissions and discharges of children into care with our insurance carrier.
- Liaise with the Services Supervisor(s) as necessary to provide problem resolution for any child health insurance related matters.
Analysis and Reporting
- Maintain effective filing systems/communication workflows that preserve the integrity and confidentiality of employee and client information.
- Review general ledger coding to ensure consistency and adherence to the NCFS chart of accounts.
- Assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of payroll/benefit budgets and forecasts.
- Assess the employee NCFS employee health benefit plan and provide any recommendations for change to the Director of Finance.
- Diploma of Degree in a Business Program
- Course Work Contributing to a Payroll Compliance Practitioner(PCP), a Certified Payroll Manager(CPM) and/or a Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) an Asset
- Knowledge of health benefits programs, sick pay, retirement plans, etc.
- 2 to 3 years of prior related experience in the field of payroll, benefits and group retirement program