Computer Technician - Field
Posted on 15-Jul-2020 by North Bay Computer Services Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
On-Site Computer Repair Technician Job Available
North Bay Computer Services Incorporated
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
We are looking for a new computer technician to join our team. We are looking for someone who is a team player, independent worker, and of course has a strong skill set. Since 1997 we have been serving Northern Ontario with enthusiasm. Each member of our team has their own unique, and strong set of capabilities.
- Must be able to travel
- Must be certified or college degree in relevant field to apply
- Must have a valid drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- Candidate must be able to follow specific instructions with very little supervision
- Network setup and troubleshooting
- Hardware and software repairs for PC's and Apple Windows 7, 10, Mac and Linux O/S Windows server administration
- Active directory knowledge
- Knowledge on how to properly remove viruses, root kit, malware, etc.
- Friendliness and credibility is a virtue
- Excellent stress management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A criminal record check and credit check will be required
- You must be willing and available to work evenings, weekends, and on call
Applications must include the following information. Failure to provide information will immediately disqualify your application:
- Do you have access to a vehicle, a valid drivers license, and insurance?
- How many years of Technical Support experience do you have?
- Do you speak French or any other language?
- Do you live in North Bay or surrounding area?
- What technical certification do you have (or are working towards)?
Job Type / Category
40 hours a weeks
Their will be travel
We manage to cover a wide territory from Ottawa, Barrie, North Bay, New Liskeard and over to Sudbury. The North Bay crowd might remember us as “Computer Services ‘N More”, with the expansion of the Ottawa division we changed our name to North Bay Computer Services Inc. In 2010, we acquired Danny’s Computer Services clientele and incorporated our business. In 2012 we acquired North Bay Computer Repair. In 2012 we received Small Business of the Year. Since then our service staff has doubled in size and we continue to offer great services for your technology needs.
North Bay Computer Services is a premier service provider. We take great pride in our many product lines and are always looking for ways to improve the products we offer and our services.
In 2012 North Bay Computer Services received Small Business of the Year, in 2013 Received Northern Ontario Award Judges Choice Award. In June of this year, we were excited to hear we had been Elected for the “Services Excellent for Ontario Award 2014” by the North Bay Chamber of Commerce.
We are currently a team of 8, working together to give our clients the best possible service. We also have a division in Ottawa which concentrates on providing state of the art business solutions to middle and larger companies.