Constant Care Attendant
Posted on 15-Jul-2020 by West Parry Sound Health Centre
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
JOB POSTING: OPSEU 2020-192
CONSTANT CARE ATTENDANT
Casual – 2 Positions
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
The Constant Care Attendant provides constant observation of clients at risk of harm. This would include, but not be limited to, clients with cognitive impairment. The hours of work are all shifts, including weekends.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate positive relationships;
- Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, performance levels, disciplinary history and positive work references;
- Proven ability to adhere to safe work practices;
- An understanding of the Internal Responsibility System (OH&S Act);
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
- Training in violent and aggression de-escalation techniques;
- Training in positive therapeutic communications techniques;
- Training in proper body mechanics and positioning;
- CPR certified.
Preference will be given to internal bargaining unit staff prior to external applicants being considered. Please submit a resume with covering letter by July 31, 2020 quoting position OPSEU 2020-192
West Parry Sound Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of this competition only. Please be advised the WPSHC property is smoke-free.