Construction Project Estimator
Posted on 10-Jan-2019 by MX Constructors Inc
Location Nipissing, Mattawa
At MX Constructors Inc., our mandate is simple: provide the utmost in service and quality at competitive pricing without compromise. We provide a variety of services to Federal, Provincial, Municipal Governments, as well as commercial and industrial clients. We’re one of the fastest growing construction contractors in Northern Ontario because we understand that we’re not just building roads, bridges, treatment plants and office spaces…we’re helping our clients build the future!
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take offs, material price lists, labour costs per man hour, equipment, etc.
- Obtain scope of work from tender documents, get pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Apply for bid security and insurance, close bids and complete tender forms.
- Research historical data (purchase order, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimate with actual cost data.
- Maintain Maximizer program.
- Set-up and maintain Bid Recaps.
- Read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Understand Master format Sections (trade relationships).
- Understand Quotations.
- Management of multiple tenders.
- Time Management.
- Organized Office.
- Maintain Addenda and Job Boards.
- Maintain Tender Schedule.
- Order Tender documents
Skills & Qualifications:
- Gr 12 Diploma (mandatory)
- Civil CET (asset)
- Reliable & Punctual
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize changing workload in a fast paced environment
- Must have valid driver's license and own reliable vehicle