Construction Site Supervisor
Posted on 16-Jul-2020 by W.S. Morgan Construction Limited
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
W.S. Morgan Construction Limited is a significant General Contractor. We take on mid to large sized projects (from $250K to $20 Million) ranging from new construction, additions, and renovations, to water/wastewater treatment plants. Our client list includes School Boards, all levels of government and Agencies, First Nations, private corporations, and others. Our 45 years of proven success and stellar health and safety records confirm our high level of professionalism within the construction industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Site Supervisor based in or around Parry Sound / Muskoka.
Construction Superintendent / Site Supervisor Job Description
The Superintendent is responsible for field operations required to construct buildings including the oversight of all on-site construction, ensuring that project plans and schedule are followed, quality is maintained and that the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Create, maintain and execute project plan and schedule and ensure compliance with budget.
- Supervise and coordinate all site specific construction activities and personnel
- Supervise, direct, train and monitor construction crews and subcontractors assigned to project.
- Plan and coordinate trades to meet construction milestones and schedule
- Create a safe job site with site specific plans, procedures, documenting and maintaining records
- Assess trade performance ensuring project materials and workmanship meets the project quality standards and design requirements.
- Communicate with and obtain information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial agencies and owners to effectively construct the project.
- Advise the Project Manager / senior management of potential problems, work interference or schedule difficulties and proactively resolve construction issues, conflicts and scheduling complications.
- Maintain the project’s Daily Supervisor Log Book.
- Work with construction tools, equipment and machinery
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources / costing for optimum efficiency
- Technical, interpersonal, communication, leadership, supervision, management and dispute resolution skills
- Building construction skills
- Understanding and accurately interpreting Blueprints and Specifications
- Experience applying basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Ability to anticipate construction issues, mitigate and develop solutions
- Safe work practices, and knowledge of Construction Health and Safety (OHSA)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Project / Microsoft Office / MS Word / Excel
- University degree, College diploma, apprenticeship and/or demonstrable skill sets in related trades
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures
- All legislated certifications / training
- Health and Safety training an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook etc.)
- Must be able to obtain security clearances for OPP, Defence Construction, Infrastructure Ontario, etc
- Minimum 5 years as Site Supervisor on construction projects
- You are located in the Parry Sound / Muskoka Region
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to transport construction materials, drawings and communications as required
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain
- Anticipate project related travel
- Ability to operate from head office, project sites and variable work locations
- Ability to perform construction responsibilities throughout all four seasons
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Ongoing training and certifications
- Bonus, mileage and other incentives
Thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of responses, please note that only those candidates who meet all of the qualifications will be contacted.