Posted on 05-Jan-2021 by 33 Service Battalion
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Must be a Canadian citizen in order to apply.
Cooks prepare nutritious food items and meals for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members and National Defence employees. Their responsibilities are to:
- Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities
- Manage food safety
- Assist in the handling and control of food and non-food supplies
- Practice workplace health and safety procedures
- Prepare and serve meals that range from cafeteria-style menu items to formal multi-course meals for military and civilian dignitaries
This position is currently available for part-time employment with the Army Reserve within the 33 Service Battalion North Bay. Reserve members may serve while attending school or working at a full time civilian job. When you join the Army Reserve, you will first have to complete your Basic Military Qualification courses, which may require travelling out of province. Additional training and courses are dependent on your trade.
Typical work commitment is one evening per week as well as one weekend per month, from September until May. Full-time employment opportunities are also available. As an Army Reservist there are no long-term commitments and you do not have to deploy on any operations unless you volunteer to do so.
The Army Reserve offers a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive federal pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Access to fitness facilities
- Reimbursement program for school fees for any College or University Program under certain conditions and to a maximum of $8,000 during your career
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be between 16 and 57 years old (parental consent under 18 years old);
- Have successfully completed Grade 10 (Level 1)
For more information regarding part time opportunities or to setup an appointment on how to complete the online application, please call (709) 733 3906, text (709) 351 6225, or by email through this advertisement.