Posted on 25-Oct-2018 by Sienna Senior Living
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: The Cook is accountable for optimal foods services, food production, plate presentation and the hospitality needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
Join Sienna Senior Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve. Click here to apply.
- Preparing food in accordance with the regular and therapeutic menu, the standardized recipes for the home and meets time requirements for meal times.
- Assisting in serving meals following residents’ diets using appropriate serving utensils and portion sizes to residents (by name of resident).
- Follows daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget.
- Completes all necessary documentation (food and refrigeration temperatures, dish machine temperatures if applicable, menu changes) as assigned.
- Ensures use of proper and safe food handling techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Chef training or culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience as a cook in the Food Service Industry.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
- Must have experience in large quantity menu planning, food preparation and presentation, preferably in health care or long term care setting.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Instructions for Applying: