Coordinator - Continuing Education / Corporate Training
Posted on 31-Mar-2021 by Canadore College
Location Nipissing, North Bay
COORDINATOR - Continuing Education / Corporate Training
Temporary Part-Time – ASAP to December 2021
Up to 24 hours/week, $21.70/hour
College Drive Campus – North Bay, ON
DEADLINE: THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2021 – 12:00 P.M.
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in Office Administration, Business or related field, and/or an equivalent combination of postsecondary education and related work experience may be considered
· Minimum two (2) years practical experience in an office environment, including office administration, customer service, and office systems
· Exceptional Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
· Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of computer software programs (e.g. Argos, D2L, Banner); experience using learning management systems is considered an asset
· Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving, decision making, time management, interpersonal, and customer service skills
· Marketing experience is considered an asset
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Bilingualism would be an asset.
· Create and maintain departmental databases and coordinate their integration with Banner and with the public web where required
· Coordinate the Part-Time Studies marketing cycle and play a primary role in the preparation of Part-Time Studies publications and email marketing
· Assist Part-Time Quality Assurance Processes including the Part-Time Studies Provincial Survey
· Coordinate the Part-Time Studies web presence by working with Program Development Officers and Information Technology Services
· Create departmental reports to assist with departmental and Ministry reporting needs
· Provide administrative and clerical support to the Part Time Studies office staff during peak times, including reception duties and exam invigilation as required
· Act as a direct contact for students and instructors regarding Part-Time Studies course and program inquiries, providing prompt and excellent customer service
· Support onboarding of new part-time employees including arranging for office space, voice introductions, and responding to questions
· Work with scheduling department to support delivery of in-class part-time courses and programs
· Maintain departmental inventories of relevant instructional and office supplies
· Prepare minutes for departmental and other meetings as required
· Provide ongoing support duties as requested regarding student grade monitoring on D2L
· Act as a liaison between the College, the students, and community partners to secure, develop, and support new, and existing Part-Time Studies students’ placements.
· Create and maintain a database for Part-Time Studies placement requests, locations, agency contacts, placement dates, and placement supervisors
· Establish and maintain administrative policies, procedures and documentation requirements for practicum including ensuring agency contracts are current and/or initiating updates as required.