Coordinator - Worship & Youth Ministries
Posted on 25-Jul-2020 by St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
The mission of St. Andrew’s, Parry Sound is to serve our community and world with the good news of Jesus. We are located on beautiful Georgian Bay and have been a beacon of evangelical outreach on the corner of Church and Seguin Streets since 1896.
The Worship & Youth Ministries Coordinator role is a new full-time position (40 hours per week - flexibility required to accommodate some programming in the evenings, Sundays and weekends). In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, the Coordinator will cultivate and encourage corporate worship within the church body and oversee all worship (regular Sunday services, special events and gatherings, etc.) for the entire church. As well, the Coordinator will plan, recruit volunteer leaders, oversee and assess all ministry programs for children, youth and their parents, including outreach initiatives into the Parry Sound community.
· A vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity, personal integrity; a gentle and humble spirit, a life of worship, and a willingness to grow and be taught
· Biblical and theological competence
· Ability to articulate a personal philosophy of worship and ministry to youth
· Strong musical ability to lead a worship team with an instrument and/or voice
· Appreciation of a wide variety of worship styles, traditions, music and arts media
· Passion for children’s and youth ministry and understanding of how to creatively respond to the needs of children, youth and their parents
· Organizational skills and a demonstrated understanding and practice of developing and mentoring others with varying gifts and talents
· Understanding of and experience in liaising with sound and media to facilitate worship and youth ministry
· Strong communication skills, including the use of social media
· Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with other church staff and volunteers, to build worship and youth ministry teams, and to engage members of St. Andrew’s
· Commitment to personal and professional development
· Self-motivated and able to be effective when working independently as well as in teams
· Alignment with St. Andrew’s mission and values (see St. Andrew’s web site)
Education and Experience
It is preferred that applicants for the Worship & Youth Ministries Coordinator position have:
· post-secondary education (minimum 2 years) in music and/or ministry
· a minimum of 3-5 years experience of demonstrated effectiveness in leading worship and/or youth ministry in an evangelical church context
Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada and be fluent in English skills.
The successful candidate will be required to follow church employee policies, including regular police record checks.
A detailed Position Description is available at: http://www.standrewsps.ca/.
A competitive compensation package that includes salary and benefits is offered.