Custodian - Building
Posted on 03-Jun-2020 by District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board is hiring!
Building Custodian (Temporary Worker) – North Bay
BULLETIN NO. H2020-05
Do you aspire to have a fulfilling career working in the public sector with a locally respected organization? Do you have custodial and general maintenance experience? Are able to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy while working independently or within a team environment? At DNSSAB we are looking for a Building Custodian (Temporary Worker) to relieve the Building Custodians in North Bay while on vacation or sick to add to our exceptional Housing Operations team. See how bright your future could be. Come join our team and help make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
The Building Custodian (Temporary Worker) position in on a call-in basis and is responsible for performing all assigned janitorial duties and general maintenance as required to maintain the interior and exterior of Housing Operations properties, and other assigned work at family units throughout North Bay. This position is part of a dynamic Housing Operations team that work together to ensure our housing complexes in the area are maintained in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. The DNSSAB offers a competitive salary at $21.49 per hour, a team oriented work environment, and is committed to ongoing learning and development.
· Secondary school diploma;
· Two years’ experience in building maintenance;
· Working knowledge of the methods and practices sufficient to perform day to day preventive maintenance and janitorial duties, including cleaning, life safety checks, minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical and trouble shooting and problem solving;
· WHMIS Certification and CPR/First Aid Certification, and Mould Remediation;
· Knowledge of safety training, landscape maintenance, maintenance of equipment, heating, ventilation, electrical, fire warning & plumbing systems;
· Knowledge of Ontario Fire Code and Ontario Building Code;
· Must be capable of understanding and implementing Policies & Procedures;
· Works independently, with little supervision, and as part of a team, and respect confidentiality of tenants and staff;
· Possess skills in the use of Computers and Microsoft Office software products: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
· Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
The successful candidate will be required to complete:
1. A Physical Demands Test.
2. A Criminal Record Check.