Customer Service Supervisor - Financial
Posted on 03-Dec-2018 by Scotiabank
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
We are excited to post a part time opportunity perfect for someone with supervisory experience to lead a fantastic team of customer representatives in our North Bay branch. This is an excellent opportunity to join Scotiabank and grow with our organization!
Working in this newly updated branch and a great clientele is Leads and oversees the overall success of the Retail Service team, in a Canadian Bank branch, ensuring business strategies, initiatives, and specific individual goals are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience by:
- Demonstrating and coaching to the Service Basics* during and after customer interactions and providing transaction authorizations and review as required
- Provide consistently excellent customer experiences and demonstrate ‘Our Service Promise’ by being best at the basics: Friendly, Willing to Assist, Efficient and Professional
- Ensuring every customer experience is consistent with Scotiabank’s service standards and customer concerns are resolved quickly and efficiently, escalating to the Manager Advice and Service/Branch Manager and/or the Office of the President as appropriate.
- Executing service management activities as outlined in the Branch Management Disciplines
- Ensuring the Branch presents a professional image according to Bank and Brand Care requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures to minimize Bank’s exposure to risk by:
- Assigning, in conjunction with the Manager Advice and Service, position authorities for team members.
- Adhering to and ensuring team members’ compliance with position authorities, limits and bank policies.
- Ensuring Branch cash, custody and security procedures and policies are in place and required checks are completed within mandated times
- Reporting immediately any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity and escalating issues/deficiencies/trends to the Manager Advice and Service, Branch Manager and/or applicable Shared Services department as appropriate.
- Arranging cover for authorizations during necessary absences.
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action on deficiencies with Branch premises, systems, equipment and supplies, including ensuring ABMs are serviced and stocked.
- Lead the delivery of customer service at the service counters and support the promotion of Bank service by:
- Developing a clear understanding of the branch’s financial and non-financial goals
- Monitoring work schedules for the team to ensure they meet customer service demands, recommending adjustments to the Assistant Manager as required
- Ensuring service counters, workstations and surrounding areas are organized and present a professional image
- Champion the growth in customer adoption of digital banking activities and self-service channels
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy
that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering
an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business
strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Excellent service standards and service excellence mindset;
- 3 - 5 years in retail, or experience managing customer service lines;
- High aptitude of accounting principles;
- Prior expeirence with cash, custody and security processes and procedures;
- Working knowledge of people and performance management techniques;
- Working knowledge of financial products and services;
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North Bay
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.