Customer Support Technician
Posted on 26-Mar-2021 by Near North District School Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
CUPE (Office, Clerical & Technical)
The Near North District School Board requires a 1.0 Temporary Intermediate Customer Support Technician
Effectively Immediately until August 2021
Within the Technology Department, the Customer Support Technician is an experienced professional who is able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team of technologists, educators, school and board administrators, and support staff. The Customer Support Technician has strong experience in web platforms and is comfortable in engaging staff in strategies to integrate technology into curriculum, social media strategies, and mobile applications. This position provides technical support for various hardware and software throughout the system including but not limited to Microsoft, Apple, and Google operating systems and devices. This includes installation, upgrade, configuration, maintenance, inventory, and deployment. The Customer Support Technician provides training and consults Board staff on related application software and Internet based communication tools. In addition, The Customer Support Technician collects feedback to support requests from end-users and provides alternative solutions when required. Duties also include troubleshooting devices, software, and network related problems at various locations to ensure a high level of user satisfaction. Customer Support Technicians respond to evolving system needs in an efficient and timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified Customer Support Technicians will have graduated from a community college in a Computer Technology (ICT) Programme or possess equivalent computer related experience complemented with professional workshops and courses. Two (2) years of acceptable experience is preferred.
- Vendor Specific Technical Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Apple Certified Associate and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) are considered assets.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, and Google operating systems, platforms, hardware devices, and office productivity suites.
- Previous experience implementing and maintaining distributed computer applications in a networked environment including telephony is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of 21st century technology tools, document collaboration, cloud based services, social media and other collaborative communication tools.
- Previous experience working in a school board environment or with applications commonly used in the K-12 education sector would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service and satisfaction. Excellent technical diagnostic skills with the ability to work independently.
- A valid minimum Class “G” Ontario Drivers Licence and use of a personal vehicle is essential for this itinerant position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate, test, configure, deploy, upgrade, maintain, and decommission all software and applications used in a classroom, School Office, or Board Office environment.
- Configure, inventory, deploy, upgrade, maintain, and decommission all hardware, mobile devices, IP Phones, and peripherals used in a classroom, School Office, or Board Office environment.
- Respond to support and training requests received through a Help Desk management system or as directed by Technology Department Supervisory Staff.
- Assist and Support all users of NNDSB promoted software applications (locally installed software and web based applications), including staff, students, and parents or guardians.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve wired and Wi-Fi network infrastructure problems. (cabling, switching, ect..)
- Respond to and resolve hardware, software, and network related service interruptions.
- Document problem resolution and assist in maintaining knowledge base
Rate of pay: $23.89 to $26.57 per hour
The Near North District School Board is committed to supporting an inclusive and accessible environment. Accessibility standards address issues that pose major barriers for people with disabilities (i.e. physical barrier, information or communication barrier, etc). Please ask us how we may help you by contacting :
Human Resources Department, Near North District School Board
963 Airport Road, PO Box 3110 North Bay, ON P1B 8H1
Phone (705) 472-7015 ext. 5068 - Fax (705) 472-5412