Deboner - Production
Posted on 08-Sep-2020 by Canada Meat Group
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Located in Northern Ontario, Canada Meat Group Inc. is a federally registered facility that is committed to bringing consumers high quality, best-in-class Canadian beef and Canadian halal beef products.
Our new beef processing plant and cold storage facility, latest technologies, high standard processes, dedicated staff and deep understanding of the industry and its needs allow us to offer our customers a wide range of great beef products at competitive prices.
A commitment to quality, safety and maintaining the highest standards are just a few of the principles that help guide our vision and mission. Our dedicated team has worked diligently to perfect our procedures and processes using top-notch technologies in our new 16 000 sq. ft. facility to ensure only the finest, quality products are part of the Canada Meat Group Inc. brand.
Our company performs to Canada Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulations, Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and Halal Certifications, maintains a НАССР system and complies with ISO: 9001 and ISO: 22000 standards.
We are hiring meat cutters for a full-time job!
Wage starts at $20/hour
- Cut and trim beef and carcasses into primal and standard cuts
- Cut and prepare meat to specification or customer’s orders
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Weigh, wrap, package, label and lot code various cuts of meat for further distribution
- Protect and store cuts of meat in Cooler and Freezer rooms at the required temperatures
- Keep an accurate inventory of meat products and material supplies
- Sharpen work tools (knife skills) and be able to adjust cutting equipment for intended operations
- Clean equipment and ensure that work areas are maintained at an acceptable level of sanitary maintenance and housekeeping
- Organize and manage workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Ensure safe and optimal equipment operation
- Receive, inspect, and transfer and store meat parts and products upon delivery
- Participate positively in an organizational culture based on respect, Health and Safety, Food Safety and Quality in a regulatory environment
- Follow safe procedures compliant with CFIA, GFSI, Halal Certifications, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health & Safety and other legislative bodies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience working in a food manufacturing/processing environment preferred
- Experience and familiarity working with automation systems and processes
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and knife skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods and handle bending, crouching and kneeling
- Ability to handle and lift heavy loads
- Ability to work in cold/refrigerated conditions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills (able to communicate and write in the English language)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to support common goals
- Any licenses (i.e., able to drive a tow motor/ forklift) would be an asset for specific positions
- Opportunity to be a part of a new, up-and-coming organization
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for career advancement
Wages commensurate with experience.