Desk Clerk - Medical/RPN
Posted on 26-May-2020 by West Nipissing General Hospital
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
The Desk Clerk acts as clerk/receptionist for the unit, to assure comfort, safety, and service to patients by creating a vital link in the communication with nursing personnel, intra-departmental services and outside hospital services. The Registered Practical Nurse provides quality nursing care to patients/residents, completes Resident Assessment Instruments (RAIs) and care plans for all residents, and facilitates virtual visits via the Ontario Telehealth Network (OTN). The Desk Clerk/Registered Practical Nurse adheres to all policies and procedures and works within her/his scope of practice.
Position: Desk Clerk/Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Job Status: Temporary, Part-Time
Desk Clerk Salary Range: $26.79- $28.00 an hour
RPN Salary Range: $29.91- $30.67 an hour
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Practical Nursing Diploma with Medication Administration
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- IV Therapy an asset
- Related experience an asset
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications (Meditech)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team Computer proficiency is an asset
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance record
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Demonstrated commitment to the health and safety of patients, fellow workers, volunteers, students and visitors
- Days, evenings, weekends,
- Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Applications for the above position will be accepted by email please visit https://www.wngh.ca/careers/job-opportunities/ to apply.
For the protection of our patients and residents, the hospital requires successful candidates to submit a satisfactory criminal record check (vulnerable sector search) dated within 6 months as a condition of employment.
The WNGH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Version française disponible au Bureau des Ressources Humaines
Reference ID: 2020-15