Posted on 11-Jun-2020 by Eastholme Home for the Aged
Location Parry Sound, Powassan
1. Responsible to the Manager of Food and Nutrition.
2. Perform duties and assume responsibilities in the dietary department.
3. Assist the cooks in food preparation.
4. Perform food preparation and storage duties.
5. Monitor and record daily temperatures of food.
6. Assist in the food delivery service to residents, visitors, and others.
7. Set up tray carts, tables and dining areas as required.
8. Clean all equipment, dishes, cutlery, pots, etc. used in food preparation, service and storage.
9. Clean all dietary work areas, floors and storerooms and dining areas.
10. Practice and promote safe working habits.
11. Work, communicate and co-operate satisfactorily with residents, staff and others.
12. Show others how to perform tasks and duties.
13. Attend in-service and Staff Development Programs and dietary staff meetings.
14. Comply with the Fire, Health and Safety Regulations and attain proficiency in the methods of sounding the fire alarm, fire evacuation procedures, proper use of fire extinguishing equipment and other procedures designed to ensure the security and protection of residents of the Home.
15. Perform other related duties as required and in the event of an emergency perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma required.
2. Has successfully completed a Food Service Worker program at the college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a Food Service Worker program provided by a registered private career college and approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
3. Provide a valid certificate of successfully completing the Food Handler Training Program.
4. Mature person in good physical and mental health.
5. Ability to satisfactorily operate dietary equipment.
6. Knowledge of safe use of dietary equipment and cleaning chemicals.
7. Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
8. Ability to work and communicate with the residents, staff and others.
9. Ability to follow a work schedule.
10. Ability to work in a long-term care home and provide services for the residents.
This position is open to both male and female applicants subject only to the application of a bona fide occupational requirement permitted under the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, and as may be amended from time to time.