Posted on 25-Aug-2020 by Gardens of Parry Sound Retirement Residence
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
Reports to: Food Service Supervisor
1. Safe Food Handling Certificate
2. Experience in quantity food preparation and service
3. Familiar with HACCP, WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety
4. Ensure sanitation regulations pertaining to food preparation and handling are followed
5. Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
6. Be able to communicate effectively with residents and staff.
7. Be able to follow through on a job from start to finish, troubleshoot, prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team.
8. Previous experience working with seniors, preferably in a retirement residence or long term care setting.
9. Willingness to keep up-to-date on various legislation and laws that affect your duties.
10. Clear Criminal Record Check / Vulnerable Persons Sector Screen (dated within 10 months prior to employment start date).
11. Provide clear TB skin test results (dated within 14 days prior to start of employment).
1. Assist Cook with food preparation as required
2. Departmental and station cleaning as required
3. Take orders and serve meals to residents
4. Assist with the monitoring of resident presence and eating habits
5. Clear tables, load and operate dishwasher and complete manual ware washing as required
6. Adhere to established policies and procedures and participate in fire and safety programs