Posted on 24-Mar-2021 by Sienna Senior Living
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Dietary Aide is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Dietary Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Following proper food handling techniques.
- Dates, labels, and stores food properly.
- Keeping work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
- Maintaining cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
- Supporting all aspects of optimal food service to meet the needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Assisting in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
- Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
- Setting and clearing tables in the dining rooms and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, and serveries.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
- Must maintain a current Safe Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
- Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Instructions for Applying: