Posted on 23-Mar-2021 by The Sarjeant Co Ltd.
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
The Sarjeant Company has been supplying construction materials and fuel to Simcoe County for 130 years. Our steady growth in the Ready Mix Concrete, Aggregates, Asphalt and Fuel businesses as well as Land Development is a result of our ongoing focus on innovative technology, outstanding customer service, progressive employment practices and community leadership. We value the commitment of our employees and provide a challenging and rewarding work environment. As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always mindful of our long term customer relationships, the corner stone of our success. A previous winner of Barrie’s Employer of the Year, The Sarjeant Company is considered one of the best places to work.
We have an opening for a Ready Mix Concrete Dispatcher to work out of our Parry Sound plant.
The duties and responsibilities of a Dispatcher include ensuring daily production plans are met by preparing schedules, managing inventory, scheduling drivers, and problem resolution. As a Dispatcher you will receive orders from customers; prepare delivery tickets; loads trucks using the computerized system; assign drivers for scheduled deliveries; monitor and maintain powder and aggregate inventory levels. As a Dispatcher you will work closely with customers and develop relationships over the telephone. The Dispatcher needs to be customer service minded, familiar with the delivery area and be aware of truck and plant loading capabilities.
Skills and Abilities
- professionally deal with customers and vendors
- supervise and direct activities of drivers and other plant personnel
- intermediate to advanced computer software skills
- ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- ability to read maps and relay directions using common radio dispatch equipment
- ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions
- mechanical abilities
- maintain a proper attitude under stress
Physical demands include handling stressful situations with customers; multitasking multiple priorities; extensive use of the phone; long hours may be required during busy season; early morning start hour may be required; available for any shift, which may include weekends or holidays.
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of our team. This focus will be to the benefit of the employee, our customers and the company.
- High school diploma and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in concrete, transportation, or related industry is preferred.
- Experience operating a loader
- Supervisor experience considered an asset
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office including, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communicating effectively during stressful situations; the ability to analyze situations quickly and make sound problem solving decisions
The Sarjeant Co Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
The Sarjeant Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including retirement savings and health/dental benefits.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.