Founded in Quebecmore than 50 years ago, Englobe is one of the largest soils, materials andenvironment organizations in Canada.
Englobe isdistinguished by the credibility it has built up over the years and itspeople-centred values. Its 1,800 employees provide recognized expertise to along roster of clients across Canada and abroad. The Englobe name is aguarantee of quality.
Englobe is currently looking for a Driller Assistant to join the NorthBay office. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will assist the Driller duringgeotechnical and environmental site investigations which are used to determinethe soil characteristics to support the engineering design andrecommendations. Specifically, you will:
- Label sample containers;
- Assist driller in maintenance and repairs to drill rig;
- Performs yard duties at direction of supervisor;
- Assist in measuring test boring locations;
- Clean-up boring locations that are completed;
- Load and unload trucks;
- Clean and maintain equipment;
- Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site, set up in the new site;
- Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used on the drill rig;
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning;
- Maintain Safety protocols at all times;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Laboureror mechanical background, an asset;
- Class GDriver's license and a good driving record; DZ license considered an asset (Drivers abstract willbe required before hiring)
- Physicallyfit and ability to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Mechanicalskills an asset;
- Workperiods for this position may be either 7 days (5 on, 2 off) or 14 days (2 off,5 on, 5 on, 2 off) and daily hours work will be 7.5 to 12 hours (out of townwork);