Driver - DZ Truck
Posted on 24-Aug-2018 by Bruman Construction Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Bruman Construction Inc is looking for a qualified DZ Driver to join our team
A DZ Driver is responsible to safely operate a tri axle loaded with rock, sand, aggregate and other materials.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- A minimum of one or more years of related experience
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation.
- Valid D(Z) Driver’s License
- Operating vehicle in accordance with laws and regulations at all times
- Maintain a clean and operating truck in and out
- Perform daily pre-trips and post-trips inspections in accordance to current laws and regulations
- Maintain accurate log of hours worked in compliance with current laws and regulations
- Follow a schedule for pick-up and deliveries according to priority
- Verify hauling material and weight.
- Communication with foreman or other equipment operators to ensure delivery of materials are according to job specifications
- Monitor, service, and document the equipment logs and inspection as per the preventative maintenance and standard requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Formal Education Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Class “DZ” Driver’s licence required
- Heavy equipment experience considered an asset.