Posted on 22-Jul-2020 by Serco North America
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: Position Description:
Serco Canada Inc. operates all the DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. As a Driver Examiner with Serco Canada you will be based out of one of our 56 Ontario DriveTest Centres. We are looking for positive and professional team players who enjoy working with the public in a high energy and dynamic environment! We have created challenging and rewarding job opportunities here at Serco Canada.
Driver examiners are responsible for evaluating members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Driver examiners must have excellent time management and organizational skills and exercise superior judgment skills. We require individuals who can work independently, meet deadlines, and strive to achieve customer satisfaction in all aspects of their work.
Examines applicants through a road test to determine applicant’s abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles. Notes compliance to traffic laws, stressful situations, driving regulations and safe driving practices. Provides examination result and details regarding errors, as well as areas requiring improvement. Completes evaluation forms for road test assessments. Attends travel points to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable. Conducts M2, M, and controlled class tests; observes and assesses riding habits, skills and demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles. Enters road test results into a system/computer. This is a trainee job.
Typically, our employees work only during daytime hours, although occasional evening and weekend work may be required to address any backlogs that arise. Employee hours vary based on customer demand. The summer is our busy season, so employees work full-time hours from June to September, generally. The winter is our slow season, so we reduce employee hours to reflect the lower volumes.
Purpose of the Job:
- Evaluates the driving abilities of driver’s licence light vehicle applicants at the G2 and G level.
- Evaluates the driving ability of applicants at the M2, M and controlled class (ABZ) level, if qualified and required.
- Provides grade of road test, licence information and resolves licensing issues.
- Provides information and assistance related to Driver Examination services.
- To ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables candidates to perform at their best.
- Reviews information and determines test requirements.
- Ensures the fair and proper conduct of examinations.
- Creates a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Responds to enquiries related to driver licensing, determines applicant status, and provides information regarding test/re-test procedures and classes of licences.
- Completes three point verification by verbally confirming the candidates full Name, full Date of Birth and full Address.
- Examine applicants through a road test; to determine applicant’s abilities in the mechanics and handling of vehicles, notes compliance to traffic laws, stressful situations, driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Determines the fitness, competency, and knowledge of driver’s licence applicants.
- Examines applicants through road tests for Class G2 and Class G licences to determine driving competence and knowledge of driving regulations.
- Provides examination results and details regarding errors and areas requiring improvement.
- Completes evaluation forms (paper and online) for road test assessments.
- Attends travel points to provide testing and licensing services, where applicable
- If conducting Class M2, and Class M class road tests; observes and assesses riding habits, skills, and demonstrated ability in the operation of vehicles.
- Enters road test results into the computer and/or tablet.
- Conducts road test for those requiring special needs or for those with disabilities
- Intermediate-level computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence. Must have at least four years driving experience, verified based on “date first licenced” indicated on the Ontario driver’s licence.
- Must hold a valid Class M and/or controlled/commercial class driver’s licence, if applicable.
- Must have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- No more than four demerit points and three violations at all times during employment as a Driver Examiner
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Highway Traffic Act, related regulations, and legislation.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.