Driver - Float
Posted on 22-Mar-2021 by Pioneer Construction
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Pioneer Construction is looking for an employee capable of working independently to add to our team. We are looking for full-time permanent AZ/DZ Float Drivers. This position will provide the successful applicant with competitive wages, benefits package, and a company pension plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mandatory pre and post vehicle inspections
- Follow all safety measures to ensure loads are secured properly
- Constantly monitor vehicle fitness, load security and ever-changing conditions
- Ability to take direction and communicate verbally
- Maintain accurate electronic hour of service logs and vehicle inspections
- Secure all loads, material, and equipment
- Keep interior and exterior of truck clean
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum AZ required
- Experience float driving is considered an asset
- Clean drivers abstract
- Ability to work shift work, long hours, and some weekends
- Familiar with open pit operations as well as aggregates
At Pioneer Construction we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Pioneer Construction welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.