Driver - P&D
Posted on 10-Sep-2020 by Canpar Express Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
To be considered for this role, you must have the ability to lift 70 lbs., and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. A good driving record is essential with current 5 year commercial driver abstract required. Hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Major Activities and Responsibilities
- Use pulse scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scannable waybills, laser waybills, and shipper’s own bar-coded labels must be scanned
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within the specific requirements of both customer and Canpar Express Inc.
- Pick up of all assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customers and Canpar Express Inc.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction
- Professional representation of Canpar Express Inc. at all times, including the maintenance and presentation of vehicle, uniform, etc.
- On-time pick-up and delivery of customer shipments
- Interact effectively with other members of the customer service and operation teams
Terms and conditions
- Excelled area knowledge of the surrounding areas of North Bay, ON
- Ability to operate commercial equipment
- Criminal record check required
- We offer competitive starting wages with opportunities for advancement
About Canpar Express Inc.
Canpar Express Inc. is Canada’s leading parcel delivery specialist with over 60 terminals located coast-to-coast, providing essential day-to-day shipping services. Canpar is an equal opportunity employer and believes we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff that represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.