Electronics Maintenance Technician (NWS)
Posted on 13-Jan-2021 by Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Clearance type Secret
Relocation eligible No
Job ID 173840BR
Date posted 01/12/2021
City North Bay
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks an Electronics Maintenance Technician (EMT) to support the NWS system O&M Contract.Responsibilities of this positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on NWS systems, including but not limited to, data/voice communications, multiplexers, radar, satellite/RF communications, router based IP networks, weather detection equipment at the remote sites.
- Troubleshoot NWS equipment operating problems. Use test equipment to diagnose and analyze difficulties.
- Liaise with NWS Control Centre (NWSCC) Technicians and request authorization for system downtime, verify operational status of NWS equipment after downtime, enter data and ensure the accuracy of work order information.
- Review corrective maintenance work requests for priority, work estimation and feasibility.
- Review work orders upon completion.
- Respond to emergency situations (unexpected failures).
- Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommending corrective action.
- Utilize various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of tasks.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Site libraries.
- Conduct environmental, safety, security and quality checks and audits, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
- Assist in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reducing cost of operation.
- Provide feedback on preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are transient in nature.
Individuals with a minimum 2 years of experience on the job training working with telecommunications/electronic systems, and completion of postsecondary program in an electronics field or CF military equivalent, are encouraged to submit their resume.
- Proficiency in the use of commercial test equipment and tools used in troubleshooting and repair of electronic circuits is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications, RF, radar, satellite, IP network systems, with ability to read and interpret related drawings and manuals.
- Customer service and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Work above the ground level and work in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Maximo.
- Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A (with valid certificate) required.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed work locations.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
- Remote location, requiring air travel to and from location(s).
- Work is performed either on a rotational basis or full-time.
- A team contribution towards all tasks.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is to be worn at all times.
- The positions are located remote Arctic locations with severe outdoor winter weather conditions.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.173840
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.