Posted on 05-Sep-2020 by Holiday Inn Express
Location Nipissing, North Bay
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and locations.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivalled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Executive Housekeeper is primarily responsible for the planning, organization, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department. This position involves maintaining the company’s set policies and procedures, ensuring superior housekeeping standards are maintained, overseeing laundry operations, maintenance and inventory management & cost control.
The duties and responsibilities for the Executive Housekeeper include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance is achieved throughout the hotel by all members of the housekeeping department.
- Performing daily quality control inspections of bedrooms, common areas, & storage areas
- Preparation of the daily work assignments for all departmental employees.
- Closely monitoring departmental labour and expenses as outlined in the Housekeeping operating budget.
- Performing monthly linen inventories.
- Ordering cleaning products and ensuring they are used effectively.
- Administering of the property’s lost & found procedures.
- Ensuring a positive, team oriented spirit is maintained among all co-workers by practising open communication, empathy, and support.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and continual development of all housekeeping staff.
- Ensure consistent delivery of performance appraisals, recognition, incentive programs, and departmental meetings.
- Being fully knowledgeable of the company’s policies and procedures and the administration of these policies.
- Attend all Management Team meetings.
- Perform the duties of Manager on Duty on a rotating basis with other Department Heads as scheduled.
- Trained in all sub-departments of the Housekeeping Department for emergency situations.
- Conduct A.M. and P.M. occupancy status reports and verify current and accurate information of all guest and meeting rooms in the hotel
- Daily recording and follow-up of maintenance items reported by the Housekeeping staff and during daily inspections.
- Respond to calls from guests and requests from employees
- To provide verbal and written reports to management.
- Prepare show rooms, V.I.P. rooms for quality control, standard and maintenance issues.
- Duties as assigned by the General Manager
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- 3 years housekeeping experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of cleaning products & purchasing
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Available to work mornings, evenings, weekends, & holidays
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quick thinking and able to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Micros, POS)
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest oriented and service minded with an attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment ~ hours will fluctuate, and evening and weekend work is required
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.