We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Rates of pay will vary per Region. Please visit the following link:
When submitting an application to this selection process, you will be prompted to answer screening questions concerning the essential education, and the essential and asset experience qualifications. It is your responsibility to provide clear and concrete examples in your responses to each question, including when (from-to), where (occupational title, organization) and how you obtained your education and experience. It is recommended that you describe the experience examples in specific terms, providing sufficient details so that the Assessment Board can clearly understand. Describe the situation/task, the action you took, what you accomplished and/or what you learned. Content of your response must be supported by your CV/resume as your responses to these questions will be used as a primary source of information and your CV/resume will only be used to validate this information. Should you indicate in your response "please refer to CV/resume" your application will be rejected. Lack of examples and details will result in your application being rejected as the Assessment Board will have insufficient information to determine if the requirement is met.
Please ensure that your information is updated and remains current in your PSRS Applicant Account.
PLEASE NOTE: For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes.
Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
Successful candidate(s) must meet and maintain the Conditions of Employment throughout their employment.
The client organization will accept applications on-line only.
Achieving a representative workforce has been identified as an organizational need in the merit criteria, and may be applied in this appointment process. If this criterion is used, only those who have indicated that they are a member of the designated group specified in the merit criteria will be considered.
Depending on the requirements of the position(s) being staffed from this process, for current or future vacancies, any or all of the asset qualifications, operational requirements, and organizational needs may be applied at the time of staffing. Candidates may be contacted and assessed against these criteria at any time during this process. If you do not fully complete the screening questions as instructed, you may be screened out.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to create an inventory of qualified candidates to fill similar or identical positions with various linguistic and security requirements, durations of employment and conditions of employment within Veterans Affairs Canada.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in nursing.
- Proof of current registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the province of practice.
- A minimum of two years of full-time equivalent experience, within the last five years, in providing nursing care to adults; or teaching students enrolled in a program leading to an RN designation; or as a nurse manager.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- A minimum of two years of full-time equivalent experience, within the last seven years, in providing nursing care to clients with mental disorders or dependence issues (substance use, gambling, internet).
- Experience as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
- English Essential
- French Essential
- Bilingual Imperative CCC/CCC
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of chronic physical illnesses affecting adults
- Knowledge of mental disorders affecting adults
- Knowledge of current treatment modalities for adults affected by a mental disorder
- Ability to use the nursing process to determine the health status of clients for the purpose of addressing care needs.
- Ability to enter into a short-term therapeutic relationship with a client suffering from a chronic physical illness or from a mental disorder.
- Ability to provide nursing expertise to support case management.
- Ability to work in an inter-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities
Information on employment equity
Willingness to be assigned to a different work location within the same area.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
-Willingness and ability to travel to different locations (to meet clients, partners, visits other VAC offices, for conferences, training etc.)
-Possession of a valid driver's license or personal mobility to the degree normally associated with possession of a valid driver's license within the limits of Treasury Board's Travel Policy
- Maintain valid registration to practice nursing in the province of practice.